Thursday 22 May 2014

Rough Draft Performance

Self Evaluation
Link to performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQPzHktVnRA
Criterion B Level: 4/10

I have given myself this level of achievement for my rough draft performance. My artistic intentions were vague, and were not communicated in an appropriate manner as I did not have many gestures and physical actions to dictate my words. My skills were satisfactory, as I did not articulate and inflect my voice to the best of its ability. I should try to put more energy into my performance to improve the overall sarcastic and annoying effect. Some strengths of performance were that I was easy to hear because I projected my voice quite well, and, I emphasized on certain words to drag the audience's attention to the main points of my script. I also tried to put on facial expressions that related to my script directly. I can improve my performance by utilizing the stage space more appropriately (moving upstage and downstage for emphasis), and,  following the vocal notations that were mentioned on my script accurately. My goals for the final performance are to:


  • Memorise my script more effectively
  • Not trying to rush through my words
  • Focussing on what actions I could use to convey the theme
  • Using props that might suit the various scenes
  • Have more energy and elevated characteristics
  • Ensure I have the same level of confidence in front of a live audience

Peer Evaluation
Link to performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0jei6JTGFA
Criterion B Level: 7/10 

I am evaluating Mifrah's rough draft performance. I decided to give her a grade from the level 7-8 band, as her performance because her skills and techniques were displayed at a good level of proficiency, and her artistic intents were communicated clearly. Her use of hand gestures really elaborated her ideas and made the performance more engaging. Mifrah had clearly memorised her script really well, as she did not mumble or stutter. She could improve for the final performance by maybe having a bit more energy and utilizing more stage space. She could also have more angry facial expressions when she talks about specific details of her oh-so-annoying parents. On the whole, she put a good amount of effort into her rough draft performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment